Who We Are:
The Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition is the only non-profit organization in the Washington, D.C. area focused exclusively on providing legal assistance to the adult and children immigrants detained by the government in the Capital Region.
The Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student to support our staff on our Development Team. The internship will provide the opportunity to learn and work in a wide range of projects centered on nonprofit development, grants, database management, and communications.
- Utilize fundraising database with donor and prospect information
- Research and identify new potential avenues for funding, including grant research
- Assist with summer fundraising campaigns and any virtual events
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Community and Digital Outreach (25%)
- Manage incoming requests for information from community partners and potential volunteers, and periodically update web-based informational materials
- Research for and prepare emails and other e-connect to be shared with supporters
- Assist with social media and website management
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and a part of a team
- Ability to respond quickly to events as they arise
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Beginning date of internship: May 25, 2021
Completion date of internship: August 2021
Time commitment: 15-20 hours per week
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
How to Apply:
To be considered for the internship, please submit the following materials via email to email@example.com using the subject line “Development Internship Summer 2021.” Materials should be submitted in pdf format.
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position, your preferred start and end dates, and your availability; and
- A resume
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you are applying to more than one internship, please apply to each internship independently.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: March 8, 2021