Job Summary: The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will be responsible for further refining, in concert with the Director of Development (DoD), best in class Major Gifts functions within the Development Department at the Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights Coalition (CAIR Coalition). This is an exciting period of organizational advancement. CAIR Coalition’s new strategic plan calls for robust revenue goals and impact metrics across all departments. This new position will be essential in realizing this growth. It is a fantastic role for an ambitious and entrepreneurial oriented person who has experience interacting with both senior management and high net worth individuals. S/he must be committed to building lasting donor relationships for CAIR Coalition. The ideal candidate will be excited to help realize the enormous potential in the existing CAIR Coalition donor file, be detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders. Finally, 2019 will mark CAIR Coalition’s 20th Anniversary, which provides the MGO with multiple opportunities and entry-points to secure new major donors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Major Gifts -
- Personally steward and further cultivate all CAIR Coalition Defenders of Dignity donors (individuals who contribute $1,000 or more to CAIR Coalition within a 12 month period).
- The MGO will play a lead role in re-branding and taking the Defender of Dignity program to the next level as giving levels and associated benefits are re-evaluated during the 20th Anniversary.
- The MGO will be tasked with researching exiting donors at CAIR Coalition to evaluate their potential for increasing to the Defender of Dignity level.
- The expectation is that the MGO will be able to personally recruit and secure new Defender of Dignity donors, whether they are existing lower dollar donors to CAIR Coalition or donors who have no existing relationship with the organization.
- The MGO will provide weekly outreach reports to the DoD around calls made and emails sent to existing and potential donors with detailed notes and actions, which will also be housed within an overall new moves management plan for major donors.
- The MGO will be expected to personally meet with donor prospects each week, which will begin after a 30 day period of training and education to ensure that the MGO is equipped to close major gifts while articulating CAIR Coalition’s mission
- The MGO, at all times, will ensure that the moves management plan is updated with actions, relevant donor notes, and will also ensure this information is housed in Every Action, CAIR Coalition’s database
- The MGO, under the supervision of the DoD, will work to provide direct support to CAIR Coalition’s Board of Directors to ensure their networks are being utilized to support organizational growth and goals within the strategic plan
- The MGO will be responsible for identifying and securing meetings for the DoD and/or the Executive Director (ED) to secure 10k plus gifts from existing and potential major donors
- The MGO will research and prepare summary analysis papers/recommendations on potential Major Gift prospects
- The MGO will personally support the ED to ensure the thank you process for existing and future donors is seamless and that all $1,000 plus donors are thanked within a 48 hour period via phone, email and through snail mail
- The MGO will provide support around signature events as determined by the DoD
- The MGO will play a key role in expanding CAIR Coalition’s new Nights for Justice events series to recruit and secure new Defenders of Dignity
- The MGO will assume additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by DoD and/or ED
- At least 2-4 years of Individual Giving/Major Gifts experience with documented record of achievement in meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Demonstrated excellence in organizing projects, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines with grace under pressure.
- Commitment to understand and endorse the mission, goals and culture of CAIR Coalition
- Proficient computer skills; especially need to know Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with cloud database software
- Experience with web based project management tools
CAIR Coalition is working with Mida Associates to conduct this search. Please email cover letter and résumé to Jason Mida at mentioning Major Gifts Officer in the subject line. No calls or additional inquires please.