Washington D.C. Some travel to the Baltimore office may be needed.
General Duties and Responsibilities*:
Maintain office surroundings and storage areas for office of 70 people
- Staff reception area, including greeting, announcing visitors to staff, and staying late to assist with meetings
- Maintain stock lists and orders office supplies and other materials for office, based on office needs and special requests submitted by staff
- Contact vendors regarding upkeep and maintenance of the offices
- Supervise incoming and outgoing mail and other deliveries
- Setup offices for incoming staff or interns
- Manage AV set up needs for internal and external meetings
- Oversee all IT needs for the office; serve as first line for troubleshooting when IT issues arise
- Maintain stock lists and order IT equipment
- Process IT orders and contracts
- Create policy and procedures for use of equipment
- Contact vendors regarding upkeep and maintenance of the offices phone, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment
- Help the Operations Associate in the recruitment and onboarding process
- Assist with new-employee orientation meetings
- Accounts payable
- Assist with end of the month reports
- Maintain the filing system in order
- Ensure the inputting and accuracy of data and case information into shared databases in a timely fashion.
- Assist other program staff in completion of their workload during high-work/low-bandwidth periods.
- Engage with internal CAIR Coalition committees and working groups to lend a voice to the growth and strategy of the organization.
*This list is illustrative and not intended to be a complete classification of all job functions
The employee demonstrates a growing understanding of legal, HR, and operational concepts at a level that allows them to function with moderate supervision. The employee looks for professional growth opportunities and puts into practice newly learned concepts and techniques. The employee interacts with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and effective manner.
The employee properly prioritizes tasks and projects with minimal oversight and carries our tasks and projects effectively and efficiently. The employee shows a growing independence for management of projects.
The employee ensures that all administrative aspects of their position are carried out without managerial intervention, including timekeeping, file upkeep, database upkeep, etc.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, four weeks of vacation, two personal days plus all federal holidays.
Email your resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references to HR@caircoalition.org. Be sure to use "Office Administrator Fall 2019" as the subject line. In your cover letter, tell me about your accomplishments in prior jobs and why you are interested in this position.