Who We Are:
The Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition is the only non-profit organization in the Washington, D.C. area focused on providing free legal assistance to child and adult immigrants detained by the government in the Capital Region.
The Capital Area Immigrants’ Rights (CAIR) Coalition seeks a full-time Operations Associate who will work with the Operations Manager on establishing effective business functions and operations. The role partners with our IT vendors and accountant to achieve finance, operations, and IT goals.
General Duties and Responsibilities1:
- Assists the DAP team with data entry.
- Maintains stock lists for IT equipment for the organization.
- In coordination with Tech Impact and the HR Associate, works with the IT onboarding and offboarding of staff and interns.
- During organization-wide outages, this position is required to work with our primary IT vendor to help restore service to the organization.
- Serves as the liaison with IT vendors regarding upkeep and maintenance of the office's phone, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment.
- Researches any needed equipment and software for the organization.
- Works with IT vendors and the Operations Manager to prepare for the office move scheduled to take place in Summer 2021.
- Works with the operations manager to draft IT policies and procedures for staff.
- Updates and maintains vendor profiles in bill.com.
- Process invoices in bill.com, including liaising with vendors and staff to verify and receive pertinent payment, tax, and contact information.
- Manage CAIR Coalition’s corporate credit card including making sure relevant documentation is verified and updated in Expense Wire.
- Assist with the annual audit and other compliance issues as they arise.
- Works with the operations manager and accountant to draft financial policies and procedures for staff.
- Evaluate the efficiency of current administrative procedures and apply improvements as needed.
- Fulfills office supplies request made by staff.
- Maintains and stocks printer room areas.
- Maintains inventory list of key cards for the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD office.
- Provides admin support for monthly all-staff meetings.
- Works with the operations manager to implement guidelines and procedures for the office move.
- Checks the mail regularly and ensures staff receives relevant mail.
What Else You Should Know:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The annual salary for this position is $48,500.
This position will require some weekly in-office hours during the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with all CAIR Coalition safety protocols. Travel to the Baltimore, MD office may be required.
This position is based from the Washington, D.C. Office.
This is a full-time in-person position, located in Washington D.C. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all CAIR Coalition staff are currently working remotely. It is anticipated that staff will work from their home office starting November 2021. This date is subject to change.
CAIR Coalition’s benefits package includes (a) subsidized health, dental insurance, and vision insurance (CAIR Coalition pays a very high rate of the insurance package, for which we can provide additional information); (b) life insurance valued at $50,000, as well as long and short term disability; (d) the option to set up a Flexible Spending Account (beginning January 1, 2021); and (d) the option to set up a 403(b) account (the equivalent of a 401(k) account for nonprofits) which the organization has the option, for all employees on an annual basis, to match at a certain percentage after one year of continuous employment.
- 23 personal days per calendar year
- Up to 20 days of sick time per calendar year
- 7 hours of volunteer time
- Federal holidays.
- Winter break closure
- This list is illustrative and not intended to be a complete classification of all job functions.
The employee demonstrates a growing understanding of legal and HR concepts at a level that allows them to function with limited supervision. The employee looks for professional growth opportunities and puts into practice newly learned concepts and techniques. The employee interacts with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and effective manner.
The employee properly prioritizes tasks and projects with minimal oversight and carries our tasks and projects effectively and efficiently. The employee shows growing independence for the management of projects.
The employee ensures that all administrative aspects of their position are carried out without managerial intervention, including timekeeping, file upkeep, database upkeep, etc.
- High school diploma required.
- One year of experience working in operations
- Experience working in nonprofits is not required but is ideal
- Drivers license required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and maintain deadlines.
- Strong desire to contribute to a team environment.
- Self Motivated.
- Willingness to take on practical and ad-hoc tasks and effectively face challenges as they arise.
In your cover letter you must answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to work with CAIR Coalition?
- How does your work experience and skill-set help you in regards to this position?