CAIR Coalition is the only non-profit organization in the Washington, D.C. area with a legal services program focused on assisting detained immigrant adults and children. We are seeking a pro bono coordinating attorney to join our team.
The pro bono coordinating attorney will work with each of our programs, with a particular focus on detained children. In addition to be being part of the pro bono team, the pro bono coordinating attorney will also work with the detained children’s program.
The ideal candidate for this position will be dedicated to deploying innovative and creative solutions to increase legal services to immigrant children.
- Liaison with pro bono community: In coordination with the Associate Director, serve as a point of contact with law firms, corporations, and law schools to recruit, train, and interface with pro bono attorneys.
- Pro bono systems: Work with internal and external stakeholders to update, refine, and innovate pro bono mentoring resources, trainings, and systems.
- Legal services: Manage a caseload of in-house and pro bono mentorship cases including Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, asylum, U and T visa cases.
- Communications: Develop relevant stakeholder relationships and represent CAIR Coalition in meetings with stakeholders.
- JD and relevant experience in family law and/or immigration law.
- Must be licensed to practice law in Maryland or Virginia or be willing to obtain such license as soon as practicable
- Written and oral Spanish fluency required.
- Driver’s license required
- Must be able to pass a required background check.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, four weeks vacation plus all federal holidays.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis; early submissions are encouraged as the position is open immediately. No phone calls please.