The Social Services team is seeking an outgoing and empathetic intern to work with released adults and unaccompanied minors in the D.C. metropolitan area. The intern(s) will work directly with the Social Services Coordinator to help clients meet varying needs. The intern will be supervised by the Social Services Coordinator; but will also learn about CAIR’s legal services and impact litigation work.
We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2021. This internship will start on January 19, 2021 and complete in May of 2021. Our internship program requires a commitment of at least 12 weeks. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interns will work remotely.
Internships are unpaid; however, CAIR Coalition can assist students seeking internship credit.
- The intern will complete the following tasks with some flexibility depending on the requirements of program and/or interests.
- Assist with referrals for basic needs like food, medical/mental health services, clothing, housing, school enrollment etc.
- Conduct needs assessments over the phone
- Follow up with clients as needed
- Contribute to the resource database
- Complete data entry to our database
- Assist with administrative duties such as maintaining case notes, reporting, etc.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or a degree in related field. Students pursuing a Master’s degree will be consider on a case-by-case basis depending on supervision needs/requirements.
- Must be proficient in Spanish
- Committed to immigrant rights, social justice, or human rights issues, and be an ardent support of CAIR’s mission.
- Preferred experience working with immigrant populations, trauma survivors, or individuals with mental health issues is a plus.
- An independent, hard-working team player with who is flexible, patient, and respectful.
- CAIR is seeking a full time candidate for Spring 2021. Part time applicants will be considered as long as applicant can commit to a minimum of 17 hours per week.
Given the remote nature of this internship, all interns must also have access to:
- A laptop or computer;
- Reliable internet; and
- A phone
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To be considered for this internship, please apply via our Candidate Portal: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3238636
You will be asked to upload the following materials in .pdf format:
- Cover Letter
- Two references – professional, personal, or academic.
Interested in More Than One Internship?
If you wish to apply for more than one internship with CAIR Coalition this semester, please submit an application for your first choice internship. Then during the application process, you will be asked to indicate any other CAIR Coalition internships you are interested in and briefly describe your level of interest and suitability. Your interest in another internship will not affect your chances of being selected for your first choice internship.