This Criminal-Immigration Law Primer series includes one-page documents that each give an overview of an area of immigration law that criminal defense attorneys should understand in order to assess the potential immigration consequences that may arise from the disposition of a criminal case. The primers also contain Virginia-specific quick reference practice tip “cards” on each topic.
- Chart: All Criminal Grounds of Deportability & Inadmissibility (March 28, 2017)
- Categorical approach in a nutshell (Mar. 3, 2016)
- Crime involving moral turpitude primer (Jan. 19, 2016)
- Aggravated felony primer (Nov. 6, 2015)
- Conviction primer (Aug. 28, 2015)
- Sentence primer (Aug. 28, 2015)